Viton®, Polyurethane, and Other Materials
Viton®, the first commercially available fluoroelastomer, was developed in the 1950s. It is a primary material used in today's chemical and fuel processing industry because of its strength in corrosive and high-temperature environments.
- offers strong resistance to extreme heat (400°F);
- holds up well against various fuels and highly-corrosive solvents;
- retains its flexibility in low temperatures;
- offers resistance to amines, acids, ozone aging, and hydrocarbon fluids;
- is recommended for handling most chlorinated, aliphatic, and aromatic hydrocarbons and benzene, ethanol, hexane, and toluene;
- offers strong resistance to PCBs;
- is the first fluoroelastomer to achieve worldwide ISO 9000 registration;
- is black in color.
Polyurethane is an extremely sturdy material and is often combined with Viton® in the production of certain drybox gloves. These dual-dipped gloves offer the highest levels of chemical-resistance and end-user protection from exposure due to rips and tears.
- offers strong resistance to ozone, UV, and irradiation and also strong acids and ketonic solvents.
- is ideally suited for situations where a tensile strength and resistance to perforations, tears, and abrasion damage are required;
- is blue in color.
Renco can also make products from Vinyl/PVC.
To view products made from these materials that are available through Renco, please visit the Glove and Sleeve Product Catelog section of this website. Such products include:
RF100 Series Gloves: Viton® 11" long; 10 mil thick; sizes 8-10
RF124 Series Gloves: Viton® 14" long; 12 mil thick; sizes 8-10
UV832 Series Gloves: Polyurethane/Viton® 8" port; 15 mil thick; 32" long; various hand sizes available
UV1032 Series Gloves: Polyurethane/Viton® 10" port; 15 mil thick; 32" long; various hand sizes available
P832 Series Gloves: Polyurethane; 8" port; 15 mil thick; 32" long; various hand sizes available
For updated product numbers and pricing, or to talk about your specific glove and sleeve needs in Viton®, Polyurethane, or other materials, please contact Renco at (978) 526-8494 or toll-free at (800) 257-8284. You can also email us at email@example.com
Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Dow Elastomers.